AIM House Calls delivers state-of-the-art in-home medical care for geriatric and home-bound patients. Our highly trained medical providers are equipped to perform most of the same services that you would receive in a doctor’s office but with the added benefit of being in the comfort of your own home.
There is a large community of individuals who cannot access healthcare because their physical limitations do not allow them to independently leave their homes. The AIM of our service is to monitor patients’ conditions and address problems before they become urgent, reducing the need for emergency care and hospital admission and improving patients’ quality of life.
Our team can perform physical examinations, diagnose and treat illnesses, order and interpret lab tests, perform procedures, medication management, and refills, and provide patient education and counseling.
We understand that medical-related questions can be confusing and hard to understand. That is why we have answered some of our most common house call questions below.
Our staff will gladly schedule you for an appointment:
Telephone: 516.352.8100 option 3
Online: click here
Administrative Office Hours: Monday through Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
You do not need any referral to use our services.
Our providers see patients Mon-Thurs. Hours of availability depend on the providers route that day and can be anywhere from 8am-4pm.
Your health care needs will determine house call frequency. If you are sick and experiencing issues, our provider will see you more often. To ensure optimal disease and medication management, patients are typically seen every 4 weeks.
Upon calling our office we will obtain the necessary information to verify your insurance coverage and send a new patient packet out for you to complete. Once the packet has been returned to us we can schedule your house call appointment. All efforts will be made to schedule your appointment within 1-2 weeks of your request, this timeline is dependent on how quickly information is received by our office as well as Provider availability.
We offer the same health care services you would receive in a primary care doctor’s office setting and much more. This includes physical examinations, laboratory services, and referrals to home health agencies, diagnostic testing, home safety evaluations and medical equipment ordering.
Our 24/7 on call doctors have access to all of your medical records to provide you with continuity of care after hours in case of a medical emergency.
You may call our service at any time, but if you are experiencing a life threatening emergency, please call 9-1-1.
AIM HOUSECALLS will help coordinate your transition into and out of the hospital and will discuss which hospital we may be able best care for you in. Please call us at 516352.8100 x3 once you are admitted to the hospital so that we can coordinate your post-discharge care.
House call visits are covered in the same manner as a regular visit to an office based physician. Please call us for your initial assessment and to find out if this program is right for you.
Traditional Medicare policies will cover 80% of services rendered, and the remaining 20% can be covered by secondary or supplement insurance contracts (including Medicaid), credit card, personal checks, or money order. Medicare will also cover your lab services at 100%, leaving you with no financial responsibility for those tests. For commercial insurance please contact us to determine your out of network benefits. We are happy to discuss any questions regarding payment options.
Nassau and Suffolk Counties*.
*Suffolk county region covers the western border to parts east up to Sagtikos Pkwy.
AIM Housecalls offers 2 types of services. Our “Primary Care” service involves our Providers taking over you or your loved one’s care completely, becoming your Primary Care Provider. We will contact your previous Primary Provider to let them know about the transition to our practice as well as to acquire your medical records.
The second service known as “Transitional Care” are for patients who find themselves in temporary need for at home Primary Care but foresee being able to return to their established Primary Care Provider in the future. In these cases we will establish care and work in tandem with your Provider until you can be transitioned back to their care.
Please note, AIM Housecalls is not a traveling urgent care only coming when you feel sick or during a particular season. We are happy to offer acute visits to our patients as you would expect your Primary Care Provider to do.
Please fill out the following form and one of our front desk team members will reach out shortly.